Thursday 6 September 2007

No nooky....yet!!

So, third date with Tel Aviv - the chap I am diving back into the dating pool with is Israeli – last night. It was a fun night, although I’m still umming and ahhing about our compatibility since there have been a couple of signs that maybe it’s not meant to be. However, by my estimation I’ve only spent a total of 10, non-consecutive, hours with the fella so I’m not going to make any judgements quite yet. I’m still firmly in the seeing-how-it-goes phase for now*.

Nevertheless the event of our third date caused much nudge nudge wink wink activity from my British pal, Nigel, in fact the man practically turned into Frankie Howerd before my very eyes, “third date you say, third date, oooh you know what happens on the third date don’t you missus. Oooh I say, does the vicar know?”

And he wonders why he’s still single!!

For the uninitiated the third date is often regarded as totty time, at least it is in New York. I’ve long stopped assuming that what holds true for New York is the case for the rest of US, since it always gets me into trouble.

However if that’s what Tel Aviv was hoping for then he was disappointed. Call me old fashioned, but I like to know a man for a total of at least 24hours before I decide to have my way with him :-)

*Plus he’s really cute and has a hot body going on under his clothing from the looks of him. Oooopsie, the shallow side of me just popped out there for a second ;-)

14 comments:

Agnes Mildew said...

Oooh! This is getting exciting now, isn't it? I don't want to know when you get to third base, however - please spare me that detail!
But I think you should be dishing more dirt, here - OK, he's got a hot body, but some vital statistics, please, such as, has he got any money? Has he got a good job? Has he got a brother in the UK who is single?

alcoment said...

I'm with Agnes on this. We need more details about him. You can't tantalise us with things like he's got a hot body and not give us some more!

Oh, and if he has got a brother in the UK, Agnes, Ill fight you for him ;)

Amel said...

HE HE HE HE HE...hot body, eh??? *wink*

There's nothing wrong with being a bit old-fashioned IMO. ;-D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hey Girls...okay I'll tease you with a few more details, but I don't plan to blog about him too much*

He does have a job, has his own consultancy which seems to be doing well enough to afford him a fancy pants apartment downtown and good news girls - he has TWO brothers, although I think one is in Germany and I think the other is still in Israel.

*unless of course I get really good blogging material out of dating him ;-)

Agnes Mildew said...

I'll take the one in Germany, Alcoment - I did two years German at high school and my father is part German. That makes him mine!

Cat said...

Well, I'd give him another date. Sometimes it's good to be a bit old school. If you are a bit unsure, it's better to try than not trying and then wondering how it would have been if you had tried!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Cat, thanks for stopping by. I have a 4th date with him on Sunday, so I'll see how it goes. I read in a magazine that it takes 5dates to see how you really get along with someone. That seems like quite a lot to me ;-)

Agnes, I'll speak to him on Sunday about bagsying you the German one ;-)

alcoment said...

Agnes - ok, fair enough, you obviously have first dibs on the one in Germany, I can't argue with your reasons! So that leaves me the one in Israel - could be interesting.

Fish - Ooo, a good job and not bad money! Sounds good. Hope your date on Sunday goes well.

Heather said...

Agnes is full of it. we all want to know when he gets to third base.

she's just being prudish.

Yay for dating again!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're dating an Israeli....?? ooooohh, lucky you!!!!!! tracy bakestuff@hotmail.com

Paper Fan Club said...

I'm all for delayed gratification too. Who says the third date has to be "the" date? Have fun!

Anonymous said...

ok, would i be out of line if i suggest a more than liberal spread of euphemisms here, a la frankie howard?

'ooo, i wouldn't mind double-clicking his blog column'

or

'when he opened his web browser i was amazed at the size of his cache'

is that ok or shall i do the walk of shame?

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Cute Flowers, very cute :-) Thanks for stopping by, F

Anonymous said...

I aim to please (well at least in a virtual way).

Good luck on your next outing...stick to your timeframe!